Soldier On and HLP’s Homes for Veterans Program
Here’s how it works:
• Mortgage company donates foreclosed homes
• Soldier On matches donated homes with qualified Military Veteran Families
• Properties are renovated by Soldier On and offered for sale at deeply discounted prices to Military Veteran Families
• Hope LoanPort (HLP) provides financial coaching to prepare the families for homeownership, including developing a monthly budget, paying down debt and building their credit score and savings
• Soldier On provides ongoing transitional services and connections to other Veterans’ programs to the new homeowners
• Soldier On and HLP follow up after move-in to assist with homeowner success: helping keep their financial plan on track, ensuring mortgage payments are made on time and offering ongoing support
The Homes for Veterans program was launched at the National Fantasy Football Convention in Fort Worth, Texas in July 2018. Citi Mortgage has provided the first two homes: one in Beaumont, Texas and one in Brownsville, Texas.
“Since our founding almost 25 years ago, we’ve helped about 25,000 Military Veterans get their lives back on track by moving them into permanent housing,” says Bruce Buckley, Chief Executive Officer, Soldier On. “This program fits perfectly with our mission to end homelessness for Veterans.”
“Like all homeowners, Veterans need to have the financial skills to sustain homeownership,” says Mark Cole, Chief Executive Officer, HLP. “By providing them with financial education and coaching both before and after homeownership, we can help them change the end of their story.”
Together, we are committed to assisting Military Veteran Families in achieving and sustaining homeownership. Donate below to support this cause:
Any Military Veteran of any era regardless of wounded or disability status is welcome to apply.